Thank you so much Eu from Where is Eu? for nominating us for the Liebster award. We are honored! Now we have the opportunity to nominate some of our favorite bloggers as well. You can find the nominees and the questions at the bottom.
To answer your questions:
1. Who (blogger or not) inspired you to start blogging? I have loved writing ever since I was a little girl and kept it going until college where I majored in Technical Writing. I started a mini blog of my own while I was abroad 5 years ago to record my travels, mostly for my family and friends. Unfortunately I did not keep up with it as much as I thought I would. When Erin told me she was starting a blog I wanted to help her in any way she wanted me to! Lucky for me she wanted me full-time and here I am, enjoying the writing process and blog as much as I possibly could. I love giving advice and writing for myself as much as the enjoyment of others.
2. Name three things you cannot travel without. I cannot travel without my passport, phone, and comfortable clothes.
3. Choose a place on every continent.
Asia – Thailand
Africa – Morocco
North America – Hawaii
South America – Argentina
Europe – So many it’s hard to choose! Iceland, Ireland, Greece, Switzerland, Germany, Portugal … pick one!
Australia – Sydney
4. Backpack or Carry-on luggage?
Carry on! I’d love to say that I could manage to live out of a backpack, but I know myself – therefore, I choose a carry-on!
5. Do you investigate some culturally related stuff before traveling? (like traditions, taboos, religious festivities, etc.)
Yes I do! It adds to my experience while I’m there if I know the traditions and ways of the life in that certain area. When I was in Barcelona I did not properly research before I went — it was such a short trip and traveling with others made things tough to see everything. I regret that we didn’t visit the Sagrada Família and Park Güell. The photographer in me gets upset whenever I see pictures of these beautiful iconic places in Barcelona.
6. And what about the language? Do you prepare or learn some sentences? (why/why not?)
I try to! If not, I try to learn while I’m there. I’m going to France in a few months and I have been brushing up on the language, even though I studied it in school for many years.
7. What are your top three blogs you are reading?
I always keep up with Paris In Four Months. She is a photographer based in Paris. I love following her journey- she gets to travel a lot for work and experience all new cultures as well. We also like to follow Brooke from World of Wanderlust and Amy & Nathan from Two Drifters.
8. Where do you see yourself living in ten years?
Hopefully I am settled somewhere near family and friends, with many adventures planned on the calendar.
9. Tell us something that people might not know about you.
I love photography! I really enjoy taking photos with my Canon EOS T3i camera. I have many photos that I’ve taken framed in my house. I enjoy reliving and reminiscing about precious memories.
10. Share your favorite travel quote and why you like it.
“Travel far enough you meet yourself” – David Mitchell
- How long have you been blogging?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your favorite travel experience to date?
- What is your most embarrassing travel story?
- Why do you think it is important to travel?
- Who do you enjoy traveling with?
- What is your favorite or most exotic food that you’ve tried?
- What do you enjoy doing besides traveling?
- What is your preferred method of transportation? (Train, bus, plane, bike, etc)
- Do you wish you could (or do you already) travel full time?
Some General Rules to Follow:
- Accept the nomination and answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you.
- Think of 10 new questions yourself.
- Nominate bloggers you would like to answer your questions.
- They write an article about this nomination on their blog and link back to the website of their nominator.
- Please remember to tag your nominator again when you share your article on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, so they can read your Liebster Award blog post.
Hannah from Red Bird Safari
Diana from the MVMT Blog
Valerie from My One Big Planet
Congratulations ladies, we look forward to your responses!