Although I have a long list of places I want to travel to outside of the country, I can’t forget about the places closeby on my list. When you think of travel it’s natural to think big – but it can be just as rewarding to see places that you don’t need a passport for.
I have been to a handful of states in the United States, mostly along the east coast, but there are still places I have yet to see.
Here are the top 5 places in the U.S. that I am looking forward to visiting, in no particular order:
- New Orleans, Louisiana. Known for it’s amazing French influence, great jazz music and even better food, I’ve always wanted to go to Nola. The rich history and influence of New Orleans has such an impact on the area.
- Big Sur, California. I’ve seen amazing pictures of Big Sur, a stretch of the California coastline, that has amazing cliff views and many state parks and camping opportunities.
- Niagara Falls. Even though this destination is on the border of Canada and New York, it is still considered partially in the U.S.! Three waterfalls that combine into one make the Niagara Falls, over six million cubic feet of water falling every minute.
- Seattle, Washington. The city of Seattle is on the Puget Sound and is surrounded by water and beautiful mountains and forests. A perfect combination of city and adventure.
- Oregon (Portland, Mount Hood, Crater Lake National Park). I have always wanted to explore, camp, hike and see the beautiful nature of the west coast. Oregon would be a perfect fit.
America has so much beauty, just like the rest of the world.